“There is nothing good or bad, thinking makes it so,” ~ William Shakespeare
I love self-improvement books. I actually enjoy someone telling me how they think happiness should be tackled, or how thinking about your goal day and night can bring it to life. I do!
But I discovered from the hundreds of books I have read one thing – it’s only a suggestion and not a survival guide! That, simple as it may be, only sunk in recently as I faced grief and personal loss of some dreams I thought were within reach.
While I tried to numb feelings, push through and “Be strong”, I found the answers I have been reading in those books all along and decided to make my own and actual guide. Here are my 5 cheat codes to survive life:
- When angry, sad, frustrated, comparing, discontent, down, lost, afraid, grieving follow this one rule – Be Grateful. 3 deep breaths, think of one good thing you have and recall it over and over again.
- No one is like you.Play this on Repeat. When you find yourself comparing with others, angry at your lack of achievements, remember this.
- You can stop feelings of hurt, pain, love, joy when you die. So live through the emotions and enjoy them!*
- Happiness= (Living+ Gratitude+ Experiences) x environment of Love + Kindness. Feel free to use this formula*
- If you want anything in life, follow this formula: Be (The person you want to be) – Do (Doing what needs to be done to reach your ideal person)- Have (Have the privileges that come with that wish) rather than what we usually follow Do, Have, Be. *
“What doesn’t kill me provides writing material.” ~ Wayne Gerard Trotman
- copyrights to Basma Z (yep I made it up and it works!)